GC01 | Care Certificate Standard 8
Support individuals to eat and drink M/601/8054
A half day course to create an introduction to the key principles of supporting individuals with Gastrostomy tubes and buttons and or PEG feeds.
- Who should attend?
Staff who are supporting children or adults with complex nutritional needs.
- Proposed Learner Outcomes - The worker must be able to
- Understand the reasons for gastrostomy tube feeding
- Know how the tubes/buttons are put in?
- Identify What will the tube/button look like?
- Understand feeding via the tube
- Understand how to care for the gastrostomy tube/button
- Be aware of how to trouble shooting
- Learning checklist, Complete Evidence and access a further learning plan
- How many candidates may attend?
- This training is not limited in numbers.
Equivalent Relevant information
1. Certificates are issued for each learners and if dated, are valid to that period. N.B Learners attending
must complete the entire duration of the training to qualify for a certificate.
2. A learner assessment may be required post training for care certificate audit and PDP purposes.
3. Workplace assessments may be required by team leaders using materials from this course.
Registration details are kept by us for Seven years and are legal documents. It is important to register in block
capitals clearly on the day.
Registration details are kept by us for Seven years and are legal documents. It is important to register in block capitals clearly on the day.
How to book your course
Please call us on 0208 144 9491. You can also submit our online booking enquiry form too.